Friday, May 9, 2014

Scratch

I wrote this at work a few days ago.

Unfortunately it appears that there is a pattern in my now sparse writings, and it's not a pleasant one.

Scratch


It tears within, and all falls apart.
Beats are fading, the blood from my heart.

I scream in silence, but no one can help me.
Violent desperation, my unspoken plea.

Dig nails through the ground,
as I’m drug further down.

Inescapable; anti-simplicity,
I watch in horror, as it burns down the city.

Each page floats up; a soft half-ferrule of flame.
The ink glows white hot, then only ashes remain.

Tears take energy, that I’ve grown too poor to afford.

Truly, now, my only hope is in The Lord.

Haazeientiac, the dark magnum-opus.
Fearful neuroplasticity, entangles and warps us.

“Chaos!” it cries,
I seemingly die.

Whatever might come,
let it be done.

Maybe I’ll learn how to cry.
With God, I’ll surely survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment