Friday, May 9, 2014

Pain Medication

I found some lyrics that I was working on sometime last year, I believe.  I decided I'll push them out, since I'm in a mood to release some of my unreleased writings.


"I need an injection of pain and rejection;
My emotional suicide therapy.

See I can't feel pain if I can't feel love,
so it turns out I'd rather be numb.

The pain must destroy me,
Nothing less than unbearable.

A fatal stab wound that burns to heal,
I think I'm dying, but I'm somehow alive.

With every new wound, I lose more of me.
The pain is so common, I forgot how to feel.

A brokenness so bitter never tasted so sweet,
I've become nothing. Why would I care?

I look around in apathy, ecstatic: what is this?!
It might appear I'm free; yes indeed! who was she?

But then something happened; something cracked, and it broke.
The wall of my protection!  The memory again now, free...

I remembered to remember, that I never forgot.
If I never forgot, then the pain never stopped.
I'll never forget you, and this love won't die,
Forever and always.. I'm sorry, goodbye."

No comments:

Post a Comment