Thursday, March 27, 2014

Water Fall, Water Fall Now

"No."  "Please stop...", I whispered in silence.
"Don't do this.  What are you?" thoughts whirled.

I saw a vision: my city burned,
The charred remains of who I was.

"I won't let that happen." I told myself.
"I'm strong enough, I can stop this." I resolved.

The flames had crept through the cracks,
molten tongues of fire licked the foundations of ideas.

"Stop.  Stop right now." I firmly stated.
"I forbid you to carry on." I commanded.

The city glowed orange now,
smoke covered the skies.

"How did I let this happen?" I cried.
"This was supposed to be over by now.." I wept.

The city burned, and I let it happen.
People died, and I listened.

"No more!" I screamed.
"It ends here!" I cried out.

The charred remains of who I was.
Love nearly dead, what happened here?
Who was I?  What could I have been?
Has all been lost?  Or is there hope?

"Living Water, put out the flames."
My life is your forever. - Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment